$80K — $100K *
n our continued journey towards excellence, we want to delight our customers by expanding our current product offering to include more database like features that are atypical of NoSQL stores. Our customers want caching, joins, global secondary index, complex predicates in queries, uniqueness constraints, tenant isolation and strict SLO on latency. To support ever increasing scale, we are rewriting our backup processing system, building push-button resharding of data, industry breakthrough features such as adding support for variable partition sizes and supporting non-horizontal partitioning schemes. We are making our platform more efficient by investing protocol upgrades to cut latency, building novel load balancing techniques for increasing server throughput and investing in streaming.
Why join Espresso? Meaningful work that is directly associated with the success of Linkedin. Influence the roadmap of this mega-store, while solving challenging problems that can transform your career. Do you have it in you?
The ideal candidate will help scale LinkedIn’s infrastructure to handle massive growth in membership, traffic, and data as we continue to experience dramatic growth in the usage of our products with focus in one or more of the areas below:
• Data Infrastructure: A focus on building and supporting large scale systems and tools that enable the generation of insights and data products on all of LinkedIn’s internal and external data via self-serve computing, reporting solutions, and interactive querying.
• Search, Networks and Analytics: Build and operate the platform that powers all of search at LinkedIn—responding to thousands of queries per second with target latencies in tens of milliseconds. The goal is to provide and run in 24/7 production environment a platform that enables search quality engineers to rapidly innovate, experiment and improve relevance—while at the same time remaining constantly available and performant to our users.
• Service: Provide the technical platform for all of LinkedIn Engineering to build services, which are the essential unit of development and deployment.
• Content and Community: Deliver the systems and algorithms that generate and serve feeds of professionally relevant activities and content.
• Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
• Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
• 4+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
• 4+ years experience programming experience in Java, C/C++.
• BS + 8+ years of relevant work experience, MS + 7+ years of relevant work experience, or PhD + 4+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
• Experience building distributed, Internet-scale systems.
• Experience building and applying frameworks for one or more of the following: caching, queuing, RPC, parallelism, and/or distributed knowledge.
• Thorough knowledge of multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
• Experience with industry, open-source projects and/or academic research in large-data, parallel and distributed systems.
• Published work in academic conferences or industry circles.
Valid through: 11/23/2020
$200K — $250K
2 days ago
$200K — $250K
2 days ago
$80K — $100K
23 days ago
$150K — $200K
14 days ago