We are excited to consider a remote engineer for this role. If you are not in the PST zone we ask that you be willing to work within PST friendly hours. Remote team members will be expected to work out of their home office and must have successfully worked as a remote engineer in their current or past position
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are looking for a multifaceted software engineer and technical leader to join our Site Engineering team. You will be working closely with the organization's leadership, you will help identify the most high-leverage projects and help them succeed.
Your primary focus will be our internal platform, which includes:
- Our rapidly growing cloud footprint, primarily in AWS
- Our rapidly shrinking data-center footprint
- The tooling that makes up our platform - think Kubernetes, ArgoCD, etc.
- Provisioning automation - think Terraform etc.
- Database provisioning and operations
- Load balancing and routing technologies - think Envoy etc.
What You’ll do
- Engage, embed, and go deep with teams on a project-by-project basis to help drive high-value efforts to completion
- Leave teams and projects better than you found them
- Coach the teams you work with on software development practices and creating balanced, maintainable solutions
- Encourage and role-model a strong written culture - a must for our continent-spanning engineering team even before the recent emphasis on remote collaboration
- Help teams avoid reinventing the wheel by guiding them through the often-daunting landscape of available options
- Meaningful experience in software development and technical leadership
- Familiarity with the DevOps tool space, CI/CD, Orchestration, etc.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong time management skills