What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is the future of construction, and as a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll create innovative new products to manage the BIM process. You’ll leverage the robust data found in 3D models to optimize and connect existing tools within the Procore platform and serve as a foundation for our partner developers.
This position will report to our Preconstruction Engineering Leader and can be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices or work remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Help build the future of our Preconstruction and Building Information Modelling solutions
- Develop core capabilities for our BIM processing engine, optimizing for scale, performance, and accuracy
- Improve observability and testing of our BIM processing engine
- Build solutions from scratch by collaboratively participate in architectural design decisions
- Work with leadership to set the technical strategy for a compute-intensive, low latency cloud service leveraging a polyglot technical stack
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 8+ years experience in Object-Oriented Design, Test Driven Development, and Design principles (preferably C++, C)
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Strong operational excellence in highly scalable distributed systems
- Proficient in the software development process, e.g., coding standards, code reviews, source control management, process building, and testing
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Track record of solving complex problems
- A curious mind that is driven to innovate
- Experience working on Linux/Unix, Containers, and low-level programming language (C++) is a plus.
- Domain knowledge on 3D graphics, understanding, and familiarity with openBIM standards around IFC, BCF, MVD, and COBie is a plus