SS&C is one of the fastest growing global companies in the world. By embracing innovation, we want to make a real difference to our clients in both finance and healthcare. We're building a state of the art cloud platform enabling hundreds of engineering teams to deliver software faster and more reliably.
Our lean team is currently developing the foundations for a platform that will become the cornerstone of application development for our company. The SS&C Private Cloud is just getting started, and there's a lot of opportunity to set precedent and guidance in architecture, process, and team culture. We’re looking for great engineers to join our talented team and help us build.
You're passionate about the unreasonable efficacy of cloud platforms and developer experience. You're looking for an opportunity to build something big with extremely smart people who've done it . You thrive in cultures that value innovation and fast-paced delivery. You’re tied to whatever tech is right for the job, not just the tech you’re experienced with.
This position is open to remote work from within the US.
- Great development skills
- Building new and contributing to existing Go services
- Working with Terraform to manage infrastructure.
- Developing and supporting Kubernetes and supporting systems.
- Debugging applications and systems across the company as needed. This may require jumping into unfamiliar languages and ecosystems.
- Good sense for instrumentation and an appreciation for the value of tracing, logging, and metrics-based alerting.
- Develops and ships proof of concept tools and services without significant planning when its useful
- Great operations skills
- Ability to operate and administer Linux systems
- Understands and can develop tooling within an Enterprise Windows ecosystem
- Ability to build and operate container orchestration systems
- Addresses security issue proactively and based on security reports from tools like GitHub Enterprise Advanced Security
- Great communication skills
- Reviewing and providing constructive feedback on pull requests.
- Coordinating with remote teammates via tools like Slack and Mattermost.
- Writing great commit messages and tracking issues in tools like JIRA.
- 12+ years of coding experience (Go, Java, Ruby, or other languages)
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure configuration and deployment tooling (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, or other)
- Experience with concurrency primitives and distributed systems
- Experience with container and orchestration tooling (Kubernetes, Docker, EKS)
- Open source project leadership / contributions
- AWS specialty certifications
- Experience with CNCF and Hashicorp projects and cloud native tooling
- Thoughtful and clean API development