More about our GetFeedback Platform Team
At SurveyMonkey, we believe the experience of every customer in every business should be effortless and thoughtful. That's why we've developed the GetFeedback Platform. Our feature teams ensure that feedback collection is seamless and smooth, our users have a great experience in understanding what their customers are saying and are able to act on it. The Platform team enables our teams to deliver all this securely, at scale, on time and with great quality by providing architecture, guidance, quality assurance and frameworks.
What we're looking for
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be challenged to work with Front-end and Back-end engineers across multiple teams to put your architectural ideas into practice. In the process, you will interact with the System Engineers, Software Engineers in Test and Backend Engineers of our team. You will report to an Engineering Manager of GetFeedback Platform.
- Lead technical efforts to integrate distributed systems and build system-wide features.
- Partner with application developers to ensure our services are built for scale and performance.
- Refine the development, build and deployment processes on top of our infrastructure.
- Work with the engineering teams to architect and build our platform services to simplify real-time observability and operational response to incidents and outages.
- Participate in code reviews and guide team discussions about software development standards
- 12+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails or similar development frameworks in Java or Python. (PhP, Apache Kafka, React, and GraphQL are nice to have!)
- A desire to improve the services and customer experiences of the platforms you support.
- Experience provisioning, deploying and maintaining corporate multi-environment applications using tools such as Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes, GitLab, and CircleCI on AWS, Google Cloud or Heroku.
- Built and operated fault-tolerant multi-service web applications that can scale.
- Experience with devops, test-driven development, builds, frequent deployments and CI/CD.
- Fostered a culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and working with peers in an agile manner.
- Experience with systems design, including operational design trade-offs.
- Mentored accomplished engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience