The Staff Software Engineer position will be based in US (preferably in San Jose, CA), and will be working with the platform architects and software engineering team to design and develop new capabilities of the BrightInsight platform. The BrightInsight platform is a medical IoT, cloud-based platform for the life science industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity on technology
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Develop new Java/Python based micro-services on BrightInsight Platform.
- Software design and implementation on cloud-based platform
- Understand, design and participate in architecture of services, application gateways, networking, etc.
- Produce clear, concise, and well-written technical design documents.
- Implement services with features like:
- Interaction with other micro-services
- Security of services
- Logging, monitoring
- Integration with other external clouds
- Collaborate with the test team for software verification
- Collaborate with platform architects, systems engineering, and product teams to understand and define user and business needs and convert these into software requirements and architecture and design implementations.
- Leads a team of software engineers from nearshore and offshore partners
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design of software solutions
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- 7+ years of experience as software engineer
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process
- 5+ years of experience in Java and/or Python programming.
- 2+ years of experience working in micro-services in cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Github, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. And strong written communication skills in order to be able to write technical documentation at a quality level that can be submitted to Regulatory Authorities
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology
- Some Angular development will be a plus.
- Familiarity with health care industry and data privacy regulations is a plus