About this role
Leanplum is looking to hire a talented engineer to transform the future of relationship marketing based on intelligence and machine learning.Leanplum has collected over15 billionevents per day from over 1 billion users from apps you use every day, like Lyft, Tinder, Macy’s, and BleacherReport. Our goal is to extract as much value as possible from this data and productize it so that marketers can provide the best, most personalizedexperience to their users. The ideal candidate will haveexperience working withbig data and build production-grade services to handleLeanplum’s massive scale.
- Work with data scientists and software engineers on Leanplum’s most ambitious team, focusing on intelligently determining from data how to optimally engage app users to drive retention and usage
- Develop machine learning models to produce Leanplum’s data intelligence features such as optimal time & channel, predictive analysis (churn), automated segmentation (user targeting), app insights etc
- Contribute to data collection, processing pipelines and infrastructure to train Machine Learning models
- Build predictive services that deliver low latency predictions from machine-learned models that are continuously updated.
- Design, Build and Deploy services that allow us to scale across customers/verticals
- Mentor engineers to efficiently build and optimize models
- Develop engineering specs and quickly prototype experimental solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or practical experience.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems.
- Experience with Spark for big data processing, BigQuery, HDFS, MapReduce/Dataflow and distributed key-value stores
- Experience with production-grade machine learning packages such as scikit-learn, spark-ml, vowpal wabbit, tensorflow, etc
- 3+ years experience with Python, Java, Scala, or equivalent
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches and dinners
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore