Description:Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space is experiencing significant growth and if you have a passion for working on emerging technologies then we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and many other key technology insertions. Here in the early design and engineering phase, you will have the opportunity for tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Software Systems Engineer who will serve as the Ground SW Systems Engineer in support of the AEHF/Milstar COOLS Milsatcom Maintenance Team (MMT) on Peterson Air Force Base (AFB) in Colorado Springs, CO.
The primary responsibility will be software engineering on the Missions Operations Element (MOPS) team. The MOPS element provides command, control, and state of health functions for the AEHF/Milstar satellite constellation. This position involves working with both an Agile team and independently to design, develop, inspect, and test both fixes and new capabilities on the MOPS software. The ideal candidate will also be willing to expand their breadth of knowledge into the systems engineering realm by working with senior engineers and the operational community to frame problems correctly and to develop solutions that meet operational needs while also ensuring long term sustainability of the software.
• Responsible for the accuracy and quality of the Mission SW Baselines
• Provides technical support to the MOPS SW Lead
• Responsible for implementation of changes to the MOPS/ASMCS Mission SW and DB configurations
• Responsible for development of maintenance Discrepancy Reports (DR) to be included in planned releases/deliveries
• Primary Mission SW technical POC to the internal stakeholders.
• Provides technical guidance to the SW Development team in the assigned lifecycle area of the program.
• Assist the team members in resolving/reconciling technical issues as they complete DR workoff
• Primary POC responsible for maintaining SW design documentation (includes system requirements, critical methods, high level design) development and/or updates through the DR process
• Contributes on the preparation, planning, and successful conduct of ASMCS SW and Database product development & deliveries
• Responsible for ensuring all technical and programmatic requirements are met for the MOPS Mission SW product deliveries
• Coordinates with System Engineer team on tactical and strategic issues and topics
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• 5+ years of C++ SW development
• 3+ years of SW Lifecycle Experience
• 3+ years of UNIX OS platform
• SW Development on Military Satellite Ground systems (operations and development/maintenance)
AEHF ground software domain experiencepreferred
• Working with a geographically distributed engineering organization
• Ability to support the sustainment organization troubleshooting complex software issues
• 1+ years of requirements and critical methods development
• Oracle Database
• Fortran development
• Agile Methodology Experience
• Clearquest Experience
• Clearcase Experience
• 3+ years of ADA development