Job ID: 573616BRSee More
Date posted: Oct. 20, 2021
Locations: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Program: Space Security - Whiskey
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world by using our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the world's most complex engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products.
Lockheed Martin has partnered with the United States Space Force. Working collaboratively, we are challenged with finding innovative solutions to provide freedom of operations and protect the interests of the United States in space. We are developing and evolving software solutions that solve critical emerging needs.
Our software engineers leverage modern languages, tools, and processes, in an environment dedicated to continuous improvement of quality, efficiency, and developer satisfaction. There is room on our cross-functional teams for specialists as well as generalists and full-stack developers excited to work in a dynamic team environment.
We strongly believe in a continuously improving DevOps culture. An automation-first and "everything as code" mindset allows our software engineers to focus their time and efforts on what is most important - building cutting edge functionality for our end users. Team members are empowered and encouraged to grow their skills through cross-team guilds, mobility between teams, and opportunities for continuous education.
You will be working on a mission that you can be proud of, knowing that you are making a lasting difference in the world and in the Space domain.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
- Performance of all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit testing and integration
- Developing services that are highly performant, modelling orbital mechanics, solving critical optimization problems, and processing large scale data ingest & aggregation
- Ensure code delivered to the Continuous Integration pipeline (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS) executes as planned
- Work collaboratively in small, fast paced agile teams, focused on product delivery to program customers
You will be working side by side with extraordinarily talented and experienced engineers, while having the opportunity to lead and mentor less experienced individuals on the team.
What's In It For You!
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
- Must be eligible to obtain TS/SCI clearances. No clearance is required to start.
- Experience working as a member of an Agile Scrum or Kanban team
- Familiarity with the Space Domain
- Knowledge of Orbital dynamics and AstroStandards math libraries
- Experience with Agile management tools such as Version One, Jira, Confluence, etc
- Experience with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, automated build, and configuration tools
- Proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Rancher, etc.) in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure/Openstack/Openshift)
- Experience with standard change management and build/packaging tools (e.g., Git, Maven, Gradle, Yarn)
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Valid through: 12/17/2021