$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn has already pioneered well-known open-source data infrastructure projects like Voldemort, Kafka, and Azkaban – come join our team and share the knowledge with a broader community while making a real impact within our company.
As a lead engineer on the Java team, you will be responsible for leading and driving the strategy for the core JVM and JDK initiatives that impact thousands of Java services running within the LinkedIn data centers serving over a 100K qps. You will work and learn among the best, putting to use your experience in JVM performance and memory management.
The ideal candidate will help scale LinkedIn's Java infrastructure to handle massive growth in membership, traffic, and data as we continue to experience dramatic growth in the usage of our products with focus in one or more of the areas below:
- Provide the technical platform for all of LinkedIn Engineering to build distributed services written in Java.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wide critical programs.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
· BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
· 4+ years' experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
· 4+ years' experience programming experience in Java.
· BS with 8+ years' of relevant work experience, MS with 7+ years' of relevant work experience, or PhD with 4+ years' of relevant work experience
· Expertise in JVM internals (Garbage Collection, Memory Management, Performance Tuning, etc.)
· Core contributor to the OpenJDK, and/or open source JVM implementations.
· Experience in designing and building infrastructure, and distributed, internet-scale systems and web services.
· Experience building and applying frameworks for caching, queuing, RPC, parallelism, and thorough knowledge of multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
· Experience with industry, open-source projects and/or academic research in large-data, parallel and distributed systems.
· Published work in academic conferences or industry circles.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13