Come join Intuit as a Staff Software Engineer.
- Architecting and developing web applications, services, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and sometimes leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 40-80% hands-on coding
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
- Own the outcome for the CRM Platform
- Own the entire lifecycle for our deliverables from functional requirements through development, testing, deployment, and production support.
- Squash bugs during testing and quickly via post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, various product lines, other central technology teams, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant, web and/or mobile apps
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 8+ years experience designing and developing web, software, or mobile applications.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise with any of the following Object Oriented Languages (OOD): Java/J2EE, C#, Python, C++.
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise in Salesforce (Lightning, Apex) and AWS Native Services (e.g. Lambda, Step Functions) a plus.
- 3+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process.
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Business Acumen - strategic thinking & strategy development.
- Building strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent.