Tableau's mission is to help people see and understand their data, and the Interactive Analytics team is central to that mission. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will play a key role in designing and developing features seen and used by tens of thousands of people every day, in every visualization that Tableau produces.
Some of the things we'll be doing include…
- Driving the evolution of our core technologies to allow Tableau users to see, understand, and "reach out and touch" their data in new and interesting ways.
- Making key decisions for product architecture, product strategy, and engineering practices.
- Designing and developing solutions to improve our abilities to solve recurring patterns of customer and operational pain points.
- Mentoring others to help them develop their technical and leadership skills.
- Building up and sharing best practices for teams working on analytical problems.
- Working with our designer, product owner, peer developers, and testers in a collaborative environment where all suggestions are welcomed and all ideas thoughtfully considered.
Let's talk about you...
- Experienced. You have 10+ years of professional experience with large scale code bases using object-oriented languages such as C#, C++, and Java. Bonus points for having a working knowledge of web development.
- Highly Technical. You have the ability to switch between different technologies and drive complex technical projects from ideation to high quality delivery. You have proven experience architecting and delivering scalable, secure, and performant solutions in cloud and on-premise environments.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You love building great products. You are passionate about maintaining high code quality and help your teams develop and adopt great engineering practices. You are able to identify areas for improvement and work on bringing about positive change over time.
- Self-Motivated. You take initiative and you drive your projects to success.
- Team Builder. You want to build our teams and make them stronger. You enjoy collaborating, learning from experts, mentoring fellow team members, and helping them to grow professionally.
- Customer Focused. You want to learn about customers, and you find satisfaction in shipping quality products that delight their experience.
- Pragmatic. You are passionate about high-quality software, but you also recognize there are trade-offs required to ship software products and can make recommendations on tough calls.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard and to help us build one of the best companies in the world!