Kateeva is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to support the development of our proprietary precision deposition manufacturing equipment. As Kateeva equipment scales up to larger generation substrates, the requirements for generating, transferring, and consuming print pipeline data grow enormously. We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer with experience implementing and optimizing data pipelines for high-volume mass production equipment, preferably in the inkjet space.
- Implement and optimize recipe processing algorithms to generate detailed print data from user-created recipes.
- Advise the Systems and Electrical Engineering groups in the design of overall equipment network architecture, ensuring print speed performance targets can be met.
- Advise and assist the Print Technology group with print data consumption at the embedded hardware controlling the print array.
- Participate in equipment design reviews to ensure the print data path is not a system bottleneck. Work with Systems Engineering to explore alternative hardware solutions if needed for all parts of the print data path.
- As needed, make recommendations for and assist in the implementation and optimization of critical algorithms on alternative hardware (GPU, FPGA, ASIC, etc.)
- Work closely with Print Technology group to define working specifications, test the print data pipeline from recipe creation to ink jetting, and iterate and optimize on designs as needed to meet equipment specs.
- Maintain and improve existing print data pipelines, and other aspects of overall system software.
- Mentor other engineers on software development practices and principles
- Self-track progress and provide timely status reports to immediate supervisor
- Participate in project planning in coordination with immediate supervisor
- BS or MS in scientific or engineering discipline with 5+ years (fewer with advanced degree) of software development experience is required. Computer Science (or similar) degree is preferred – this role requires extensive understanding of and experience with algorithm development and optimization.
- Demonstrated experience with either high-bandwidth data pipelines, print data generation, or hardware acceleration for algorithm optimization is required.
- Professional experience in manufacturing equipment automation, operator and factory interfaces, process control, systems integration, or print technologies is required.
- Demonstrated debugging and troubleshooting skills (including H/W – S/W interfaces) are required.
- Substantial professional experience programming experience with .NET/C# is strongly desired.
- Experience with CUDA and/or OpenCL is a plus.
- Experience with Python is a plus – our print algorithm prototyping usually starts in Python before being integrated into system software.
- Time management skills, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, and effective communication skills (including presentation skills) are all expected at this level.
- Prior experience training and mentoring engineers on software design, development and testing practices is expected.
- Experience with flat panel display industry or a related industry (e.g. semiconductors) is preferred but not required.