Staff Software Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
We’re looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering team and become instrumental in the development andarchitecture of our enterprise cloud platform. As a Staff SWE, you will collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers and softwaredevelopers to influence product direction and functional requirements, and deliver complex high performance, scalable software products and APIs. This rolereports into our Director of Product Engineering.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Research and learn new technologies to design code reviews and application enhancements/upgrades
- Collaborate cross-functionally as a key contributor in all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or related)
- 7+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, multi-threading, and caching techniques.
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment.
- Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code, from the ground up.
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data.
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito.
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems.
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch.
- Python scripting is a plus.