This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on February 23, 2021.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We’re looking for a front end designer to help us better share our story with a larger audience of like-minded designers, engineers and product folks interested in making a difference. You’ll contribute beautiful, functional front-end code that brings our designs to life, while serving as a valuable bridge between our design and engineering teams.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework
What You'll Do
- Manage and ensure technical quality for your applications
- Provide technical mentoring for the team, through code review and other means
- Keep program leadership informed of the health of your team and contribute to evaluation of team members, written or otherwise
- Navigate stakeholder needs and their tradeoffs to ensure we deliver scalable and durable solutions that meet business requirements
- Actively contribute to your applications as an Engineer.
What You'll Bring
- 8 years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs.
- Experience delivering scalable services to production.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS, as well as technologies for provisioning capacity on those services.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.