Our team is tasked with helping agents interact with customers easier, faster and most of all making switching between different channels (chat, email, social messaging etc.) seamless. You will join us in delivering that special reason why our customers want to use Agent Workspace and help us meet our adoption goals. To get there, our team is taking greater ownership of the stack and defining the holistic strategy for creating the most optimal, scalable and performant experience.
We need you to be interested in tackling highly impactful and visible work on powerful, enterprise grade software with all it’s might and challenges. This requires a delicate balance of passion for excellence, problem-solving, collaboration coupled with willingness to learn and compromise.
As a team, we are a close-knit group that values inclusivity and diversity of backgrounds and opinions. We deliberately cultivate a growth-oriented, highly collaborative and productive working style.
As a Staff Software Engineer on our team, you will:
- Take on wide range of initiatives that optimize workflows in Agent Workspace to bring different products and services together into a cohesive UI experience
- Work closely with Product and Design to conduct investigations, define execution strategies and see through delivery of projects
- Innovate and stand up cutting-edge technologies within big, complex and constantly evolving systems with high reliability standards
- Propose creative solutions, build POCs, lead technical discussions and create documentation
- Collaborate across teams, code bases, technologies and occasionally, time zones to deliver mission critical projects
- Care holistically for our product, from owning quality, to reliability and performance
- Follow through and enact improvements of working practices on the team and Zendesk Engineering
- Mentor and guide junior team members by providing reviews, collaboration on projects and code pairing
Here are some of the technologies you will be working with:
- Modern stack – React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS, styled-components
- Extensive tooling - webpack, eslint, TypeScript, Jest, Cypress, storybook
- External services - AWS ecosystem, DataDog, BigQuery
- Component based UI
- Deep analytics to catch errors, understand adoption, scalability and performance
- Complex deployment system allowing the release of multiple branches in parallel for testing or staged releases
What will set you up for success:
- Expert frontend skills and passion for beautiful, performant and reliable UI/UX
- Results-oriented, caring about the details, whilst being diplomatic – keeping all things moving while delivering phenomenal work!
- Excellent technical communication both written and verbal, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Great understanding of REST principles to help drive better, more usable API designs.
- Experience with GraphQL and desire to work on both the frontend and the backend
- Experience with improving performance, visibility and setting standards
- Comfortable handling complex merges and schedule of deploys with frequent regularity
- Experience with some of these tools: for testing and deployment browser automation tools (Cypress, Selenium / PhantomJS or equivalent)
- Dedication to code ownership; you don’t believe in throwing code over the wall and instead believe in taking ownership of design, development, testing, deployment, and operational issues.
- Exposure to and experience with server-side languages and runtimes (Ruby / Java or equivalent).
- Ability to solve problems on your own, know when to ask for help and always be willing to bring someone up to speed and collaborate
- Ability to learn fast, adapt to new situations, processes, or technologies with ease. Especially if it helps to be more efficient.
- Motivation to “Get things done and make things better”. You have a desire to take projects over the finish line and iterate on the process on the next turn.
- You receive and give constructive feedback well in a radically honest and respectful environment