In the role of Staff Software Engineer – Diagnostics Specialist, you will:
- Design, develop, test, maintain and support software applications for the process automation equipment diagnostics
- Be able to capture system level requirements, create software algorithms for processing the information, find the trends, make the conclusions and verify the findings about the status and health of the electrical and mechanical components
- Work with the software, hardware, mechanical and test engineers to diagnose the equipment status from the collected data and identify the actionable recommendations
- Provide global installation support and help in pre- and post-sales technical activities
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Engage in technical discussions, participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through global collaboration
- Provide technical leadership and be responsible for defining, developing, verification and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Write code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Be responsible for core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and automation
- Articulate the need for scalability, assessing application performance and optimizing / improving it through design and best coding practices
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Skilled in build, release & deployment processesQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3years ofexperience in IndustrialSoftware Application
- Must be willing to work in an office located in Foxboro, MA.
- Travel 25% of the time, as requiredDesired Characteristics:
- Minimum 8 years of industrial working experience in control valve application
- Experience with big data analysis and software tools for data processing
- Working knowledge in using data and modeling in relational data bases
- Understanding of kinematics and dynamics of mechanical systems
- Proficient in software languages and tools for data processing and analysis
- Experience in full life cycle software development.
- Experience in software data integration with Distributed Control Systems and Industrial equipment software application is a big plus
- Experience in system integration, communication and data collection applications is a big plus.
- Strong understanding and experience in agile methodologies such as Extreme Programming, Scrum, continuous integration / delivery, etc.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective