We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join this Data Science Infrastructure Engineering team to help design and build our next generation ML platform. They will join forces with other cross-functional engineering teams to build scalable, extensible, reliable, and performant systems that provide significant company and industry-level impact.
This position requires an influential leader who can actively code while simultaneously helping our team design and implement technical solutions. They will be designing and building services in Python, Go and gRPC running on Kubernetes and the Google Cloud Platform, leveraging BigQuery, Datastore, and BigTable for storage. They will also be working with our Data Scientists to leverage technologies including Beam, Spark, TensorFlow and PyTorch to efficiently leverage and activate our data.
- Be a key contributor on major projects owned by the Data Science Infrastructure squad, such as: building our next-generation AI platform, building scalable and efficient model serving infrastructure across multiple channels, working with data scientists to optimize and scale their models.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Evangelize Bluecore Engineering internally and externally, including leading initiatives to promote Bluecore Engineering in the wider community.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Lead company-wide technical strategy and decisions and facilitate progress by building consensus amongst Senior Engineering Leadership and Company Leadership. Advise and advocate for best tools, methods, and approaches for the entire Engineering organization.
- Function as a sought-out mentor and leader for a technical domain or set of domains across the company. Increase the technical capabilities and upper limits of your own areas of responsibility and expertise, as well as those of your associated team members. Teach sessions, write documentation, and actively mentor to decrease the ramp-up time of new and existing team members.
- Significant experience working with Data Scientists to develop, build and serve models at scale.
- Significant experience with leveraging languages and tools like Spark, Beam, TensorFlow, PyTorch to train and serve models.
- Significant programming expertise with statically-typed languages, preferably Go. Use of performance optimization tools and past experience in a SRE function is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, including recent experience in a similar industry or technology space. Experience building MarTech, AdTech, eCommerce, E-mail, or Big Data platforms and products highly desirable.
- B.S./B.E in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics, or relevant field/equivalent work experience.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company is preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design. Ability to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders on long-term development plans, as well as in articulating short-term issues and delivery.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering sizable projects that span multiple teams and multiple quarters--or even years!-- that produce significant results and impact overall business success.
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy