Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata’s Product Development Group, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, databasedevelopers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
Teradata’s Workload and Query Performance Management System is an answer to managing varied workloads in the complex data warehouse environment. WQPM provides the infrastructure to support priority differentiation, performance tuning, and end-to-end workload and system health management on a stage where the number of diverse applications is growing and timely strategic and tactical decisions depend on optimal resource allocation. Our vision is to reduce the effort required by DBAs, application developers and support engineers through automation using machine learning.
- This position will include the following responsibilities:
- All phases of software development life cycle from software design through customer support.
- Independently and cooperatively analyze and enhance existing designs/implementations
- Apply theoretical knowledge to software design, implementation, testing, documentation and support and maintenance activities as well as software packaging.
- Apply practical theoretical knowledge to evaluate technical solutions.
- Define work breakdowns and design of individual components.
- Black box test design, development and execution.
- Apply judgment based on the analysis of quantitative data and information.
- Contribute to the development of new algorithms or techniques.
- Contribute knowledge of emerging technologies to evaluate technical solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in C/C++ and debugging in Linux with gdb.
- Parallel programming, scheduling, SQL, and RDMBS concepts and best practices.
- Quickly able to learn, leverage and incorporate new technology and methodologies on own initiative.
- Applies theoretical knowledge in interpreting data and results by systematically breaking down information in a communicable manner.
- Takes responsibility for all phases of software development including prototype, design specifications, test specifications, unit / feature test, performance validation, regression testing, implementation, and customer support.
- Concise and clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Excels within a team environment of engineers, architects, and management.
- Recognized technical authority in past areas of expertise and responsibility.
- Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions.
- Regularly provides advice and counsel related to the operation of the business.
- Advanced technical knowledge of product areas to assess customer impact of discovered problems.
- Demonstrates integrated knowledge across technologies, processes, systems and product sets.
- Assesses competitive advantage of design.
- Demonstrates in-depth level of understanding and ability to relate new and evolving technology to test design, development and architecture.
- Contributes to technical strategy and architecture for key product modules, assembly or testing.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems in third-party systems.
- Performs analysis of test escapes and timing related defects.
- Defines and documents improved test processes and methods.
- Defines and documents improvement for test processes and methods.
- Architects and develops reusable infrastructure for test environments.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge of product areas to assess customer impact of discovered problems.
- Drive the prioritization, risk analysis, and actions required to resolved product issues.
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in technical discipline
- 5+ years of related experience