Data Center Software (DCSW) is a subdivision of the Technical Infrastructure division. Data Center Software works closely with its partners to deliver software that enables the quick and reliable scaling of Google's data centers. As part of the Data Center, Unified Fulfillment Optimization team you will help author and maintain the software responsible for machines, network, power, and cooling from arrival at the data center through installation, repairs, upgrades, and decommissioning.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- 10 years of professional software development experience or 8 years with an advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering.
- Experience designing, architecting, and developing distributed systems.
- Experience with physical infrastructure equipment (i.e. networks, servers, storage).
- 15 years of professional software development experience.
- Technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Experience in front end design.
- Ability to learn other coding languages.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams. - Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features. - Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software. - Define technical strategy, break problems into deliverable components, and work closely with engineering teams to execute the work. - Be responsible for cross-functional collaboration across multiple product areas.