At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we’re best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion is a software product challenge.
“We wanted flying cars and instead we got 140 characters” is a much-repeated complaint about Silicon Valley. But with all due respect to flying cars, we believe that our mission is even more critical. We’ve raised more than $500M from some of the leading venture firms in the world to work on this problem.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, and data integrations with internal and external systems to deliver useful and elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the role:
At Guardant Health, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
To support Guardant Health’s leadership in disruption of cancer treatments, the Enterprise Software team is looking for an experienced and energetic staff software engineer to build applications, products, and APIs that reach Guardant Health’s stakeholders and customers.
As a senior member of the software team, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and scalable services for applications that deliver value to our customers
- Collaborate with product management to turn product requirements into production code
- Help maintain code and design quality
- Collaborate with our devops team to develop and maintain CI processes for regular releases
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable communicating technical and non-technical information across multiple functions and levels.
You can analyze the big picture, design enterprise services, implement and prove your code is great with automated test results. You do not need to be micromanaged; to accomplish team and company goals, you can wear multiple hats and pickup new technologies and languages.
You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance and business needs.
In addition, you bring:
- 10+ years of software development
- 5+ years programming experience in Java
- 5+ years of experience developing or using facing RESTful APIs
- Expertise in data modeling and developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud-architectures
- Experience with message broker technologies and event driven integration layer is a plus
- Experience working in a face-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework
- Good understanding of Test Automation and Continuous Integration
- Bachelor’s degree in softwareengineering, CS, or EE.