Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI�s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
Are you a passionate and innovative software engineer looking to help develop state of the art AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a Software Engineer focused on the foundations of our AI software stack from efficient and reproducible builds to process and parameter management, you�ll have the opportunity to work on projects that span the software development at Shield AI.
Join us to push the state of the art in autonomous robotics for protecting lives!What you'll do
Projects that you might work on
- Contribute to the effort to define and enforce modern software design practices
- Drive best practices in the configuration of our build and the tools used to prepare our build
- Create tools to perform guarantees on the correctness of the software system and build and test
- Drive best practices in our use of CI for our testing our software product
- Contribute to the CI toolchain to verify the correctness of code, scripts, and configuration files
- Create tools for trusted launching and configuration of components and processes on the robot and in simulation
- Create common libraries for consistent creation of components in the software stack
- Create common libraries for use by specialized components to ensure consistent execution of common actions
People we're looking for have the following required education and experience
- Capture the flow and dependencies of our build and prescribe a roadmap for improving consistency, ease of use, and build times
- Work with other developers and infrastructure teams to ensure proper use and documentation of team use of CI
- Designing a modern approach to managing the launch and configuration of a complex system
- Develop tools to test the correctness of multi-threaded and multi-processed code
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Experience with contributing to large and complex software projects
- Experience contributing to and managing complex builds (preferably using Bazel)
- Experience contributing to and managing the use of CI for a software product
- Experience with multi-threaded C++ programming
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Experience with robotics systems
- Experience with Bazel
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with middleware or communications
- Modern C++
- Build Systems (Bazel, CMake, etc.)
- Testing (Googletest, Nose, etc)
- CI Systems (Azure DevOps, GitLab CI, etc)
- Algorithms & Data Structures
- Software Architecture
- Communication Protocols
- Debugging (GDB, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.