Oportun is looking for a highly self-motivated, goal-oriented Staff software engineer to join our Business Application Support team. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong technical background in both frontend and backend technologies with excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Drive adoption of best practices in monitoring, alerting, and performance.
- Work closely with development teams to implement monitoring & observability instrumentation within their platforms.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around automated production monitoring.
- Play a significant role in the ongoing evolution and refinement of current tools and applications
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills as a fast learner.
- Enthusiastic with proven ability to work with minimal supervision and efficient time management skills
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough production situations.
- Experience working with version control using GIT/BitBucket.
- Experience in design of new systems or redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology.
- 10+ years’ experience in core JAVA technologies including; Spring Framework, JMS, Hibernate, and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Experience with RESTful services and Service Oriented Architecture design patterns using Spring MVC.
- Experience with relational DBs like MySQL
- Experience with log analysis & monitoring tools like Sumo Logic & New Relic
- Experience with Experience using Angular, AngularJS, React, Vue or other modern user interface frameworks.
- Experience with time-series databases or other database systems.
- Experience with NoSQL Database like MongoDB will be a plus.
- Experience with Groovy is a plus
- Experience with Search technologies like Solr/Lucene
- Experience in financial services
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field