Software Engineering professionals; are you looking for an opportunity to apply your expertise to bigger and more challenging projects to build a rewarding career with an innovative company? Join us at Stryker! We offer a diverse array of innovative medical technologies including reconstructive, surgical, neurotechnology, and spine products to help people lead more active and satisfying lives. At Stryker, we collaborate with our customers to develop innovative products and services that ultimately improve their everyday lives. This is expressed through our mission: Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
We are currently seeking an experienced and goal-oriented Build and Release Engineer to play a vital role as part of our research and development teams. In this position, will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the state of art solutions including continuous delivery, optimization, monitoring, release management and support for the software development systems and environments. This role is with our surgical robotics group, focusing on generating revolutionary technologies that we believe will change the way medicine is practiced.
If you are eager to take advantage of an opportunity to bringing cutting-edge technologies to market with some of the top technical professionals in the medical device industry, then we may be the perfect fit for you. Contact us today!
As a Senior Build and Release Engineer, you will work closely with our software platform and embedded teams to create new code deployment workflows, automate processes, and improve source control /configuration management systems. You'll need to be collaborative, meticulous, and pay strong attention to details. This role is perfect for a hands-on person who likes to work in the trenches. Other responsibilities include:
- Defining and implementing strategies for continuous integration and release management.
- Driving the adoption of application deployment strategies
- Supporting and improving our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management
- Acting as a technologist resource to guide development teams through continuous integration adoption and best practices
- Supporting a distributed, high availability software development environment
- Appling principles of SDLC and methodologies like Agile/Scrum, CI, Documentation Practices, Refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Working with Corporate configuration management team to create and implement branch and merge strategies.
POSITION MIGHT BE BASED IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL OR KALAMAZOO, MI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of experience creating and managing Continuous Integration and Deployment systems.
- 3+ years professional experience in software engineering.
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles, with particular emphasis on release engineering functions.
- Strong experience in Make-based build tools and scripting in Python.
- Experience administrating and integrating Bamboo or Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Experience with configuration management system such as Perforce or SVN.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, especially VxWorks, Linux preferred
- Experience with software development in regulatory environment preferred
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum practices, preferred
- Knowledge of static code analysis tool such as Coverity, preferred