Do youwant to help build the next generation savings destination platform? TheRetailMeNotmobile API isresponsible for serving the20 million requests it can receive on a given day. As the Staff Software Engineer to the API team, you’ll help craft the vision and lead execution for how to build out a high-performance, highly resilient API that is still flexible enough to support our continually expanding suite of product offerings.
Who You Are
- You take pride in mentoring junior and other senior engineers and consider the progress of your team members a key indicator of your performance.
- You have experience building, scaling, and maintaining a highly available API hosted in a public cloud.
- You understand the nuances and challenges that come with building an API that supports native apps.
- You believe people produce their best work when they maintain work-life balance, but also know there are times when delivery is paramount and embrace the accountability that comes with that.
- You’re skilled in building consensus with a team to get everyone committed to delivering a larger vision than they could execute on their own.
- You’re committed to learning and believe that every day you do not progress as a technologist is a day that you’re falling behind.
- You give your teammates first dibs on the “exciting” work and make a point of being the first to volunteer for the unglamorous stuff that keeps the system running smoothly.
What You'll Do
- You’ll mentor and guide with your experience a talented group of early and mid-career engineers.
- You’ll foster and enhance a culture built around standard methodologies for testing, automation, and monitoring.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the business and use that knowledge to collaboratively build a roadmap for the next major iteration of the API to support where the business is heading.
- You’ll bring expertise in distributed systems to improve reliability, scalability, and performance of an API serving millions of customers.
- You’ll be a core contributor to open source projects developed by RetailMeNot to power the APIs that our native apps utilize.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions and give our engineers a great deal of freedom to define a technical roadmap that solves the problem optimally
- We believe that the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to build efficiently
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining our best engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are only happy working with other extraordinary engineers
- We are truly a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented in nature, to power key parts of our infrastructure
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker
- We believe in helping you achieve your career goals
- We provide competitive base and bonus packages, a Long Term Incentive Plan, and great health and wellness benefits including a best-in-class parental leave policy
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We award you with prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
- We also provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements
- We'll take care of your downtown parking or provide transportation reimbursement if you'd rather walk, bike, or use public transportation.