Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Our Engineering organization includes a variety of teams solving interesting problems:
- Storefront: Shopping for your home can be overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products. Our software engineering teams work to make an extremely complex process seamless for our customers. Shopping for your home should be exciting, and we want every customer to come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them.
- Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering team: builds solutions that let Wayfair communicate with new and existing customers effectively across advertising, email, and onsite touchpoints. This team is at the intersection of product, marketing, data science, and technology which allows us to be a leader in the Ad Technology space. We are using cutting edge intelligent systems, big data at scale, and world class ad tech to drive phenomenal growth in a multi-billion dollar business.
- Supply Chain: teams are responsible for all of the systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Everything from warehousing, order tracking, inventory forecasting to routing systems and final mile delivery. This group is essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce. The majority of Wayfair’s business is built on repeat customers and it is important for them to have a smooth delivery experience to ensure they keep them coming back.
- Sales, Service and Enterprise: platforms are focused on building and improving software that directly impacts customers, customer service agents, sales associates, Finance, Talent Management and external vendors. Our engineers are responsible for all the tools and processes to support these business-critical operations of Wayfair, along with supporting the continued enhancement and scaling capabilities of these systems. Engineers use data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth.
What You'll Do:
- Lead technical roadmaps, design, and implementation across multiple teams of high performing engineers that will shape the future of Wayfair
- Motivate and influence teams to buy into vision and roadmap, pushing individuals outside of their comfort zones where necessary
- Drive high impact architectural decisions including inception, design, and delivery
- Focus on production readiness for the team including testing, monitoring, deployment, and proactive troubleshooting
- Be externally recognized as credible technical and product subject matter expert for broader
- team’s focus area
- Mentor junior engineers to develop the next generation of Wayfair engineering.
Who You Are:
- An experienced engineer with 7+ years of software development experience, preferably with experience building large scale applications
- Expertness in object oriented programming, test driven development, and distributed systems
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing; you're a natural collaborator
- Considered an expert of a server side programming language (Python, PHP, Java, C#)
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers