We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
As a Staff Server Engineer working on this team, you will lead defining and executing upon a long-term technical roadmap to bring self-driving rides to life on Lyft’s rideshare network. Our systems are collectively responsible for onboarding and managing self-driving vehicles, optimizing the marketplace, and integrating across core Lyft systems to deliver a delightful end-to-end experience.
- Define and drive our long-term technical roadmap for bringing autonomous rideshare to consumers
- Work with internal stakeholders to architect and integrate our systems with Lyft’s core rideshare services
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Write clear and concise design documentation for scalable systems and infrastructure
- Help lead projects from idea to positive execution
- Lay foundation to enable our team to Iterate quickly and efficiently on building end-to-end experiences
- Provide mentorship for other engineers
- 8+ years of industry experience delivering distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals from a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of collaborating cross functionally with product and design partners
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and work with diverse stakeholders both within and outside the organization.
- Experience with design patterns and test driven development
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program