Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Auris is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join a team of talented roboticists and software engineers who are trying to solve some of the hardest problems in medicine today. In addition to design, implement and test software solutions, she/he will be involved in specifications and requirements definitions based on clinical and user inputs. The position requires not only rock-solid C++ development skills, but also the ability to work closely with the other software engineers as well as engineers from other groups to lead architecture decisions, implement, and test software solutions. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and also function well within a team, that has the desire to bring the latest software technologies into the medical world, is self-motivated, curious and willing to revolutionize the world of surgical robotics.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Create specifications and requirements based on clinical and user inputs.
- Bring prototypes into C++ product level software in an FDA regulated environment.
- Design and perform testing and validation of selected solutions.
- Work with software and clinical engineers to develop desktop software applications for our surgical robotic platform.
- Lead design discussion and code review.
- Understand user needs, clinical needs & customer input requirements to drive software development.
- Work cross-functionally with clinical engineers, system engineers & scientists to architect and develop software application
- Implement and integrate control algorithms on the robotics platform
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience with BS, 5+ years with Master or 3+ years with PhD in developing desktop applications.
- Proficiency with C/C++ programming and multi-threaded applications.
- Strong background in object-oriented programming.
- Familiar with medical imaging modalities such as CT, MRI or ultrasound.
- Experience with Unit testing and software Verification and Validation processes.
- Familiarity with design controls and regulated environment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 a plus
- Experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience architecting C++ Applications
- Experience with GUI development (QT preferred).
- Knowledge of OpenGL and 3D rendering a plus
- Familiar with computer vision, computer graphics and image processing
- Experience developing software under Linux and Microsoft Windows.