(San Francisco Office)
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways noother company can. We’re much more than adigital resume – we transform lives through innovative products andtechnology.
Searching for your dream job? AtLinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are seeking extraordinary talent to help fuel our distributed, Java applications capable of serving billions of page views to over 425+ millionLinkedIn members while earning hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be anagile architect in the design, development, and support of the most visibleInternet-scale features andinfrastructures atLinkedIn. The ideal candidate will be excited for the challenge to transform and think critically on many computer science disciplines including product design, usability, building APIs and user-centric online applications, business logic, scaling performance, and 24x7 reliability. This position is full-time and based in our office in San Francisco.
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 10+ years of related practical experience.
- 4+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
- BS + 8years of relevant work experience, MS + 7 years of relevant work experience, or PhD + 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
- Strong object oriented skills.
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with object oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience building web applications and services with IDEs, ant, junit, etc.
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), databasearchitecture, and distributed transaction management.