Seeking a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our software development team in the design and implementation of application and system level software on embedded Windows and embedded Linux platforms. This individual is expected to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of our group during the development and implementation of new software features.
- Understand software requirements; objectively analyze problems; efficiently design and implement solutions; and clearly document their work
- Participates in and supports the implementation, development, enhancements, and modifications to software source code, scripts, and procedures.
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development.
- Identifies parameters, structure, and critical test components. Writes, updates, or executes test design, cases, as well as procedures and reports results.
- Writes, updates, and maintains requirement and interface specifications.
- Contributes to and supports gathering, analyzing, and validating requirements.
- Contributes to and supports writing, updating, developing and maintaining Hazard/Risk analysis specifications.
- Reviews project deliverables such as specifications, code, and test/tool procedures for feasibility, thoroughness, clarity, correctness, and accuracy.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Strong C++ skills.
- A college degree (graduate degree preferred) in Computer Science or related studies.
- A minimum of 10 years of commercial software development experience, or 10 years with a graduate degree.
- Experience with signal processing algorithms, waveforms and techniques is desirable, physiological signals such as ECG and BP is a plus.
- Experience with Linux and Windows software development is required
- Experience with USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and communication stacks is desirable.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity and encryption technologies and methodologies is a plus.
- Experience working in and documenting all phases of the software development process is required, for Medical Devices or similarly regulated systems
- Experience with source control, software build, and problem tracking tools is required, Microsoft VS/TFS is a plus.