We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a software development engineer to join our OptionsExpress development team.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Business team and Project Managers to understand the business requirement and translate them in to complete program specification and technical deliverables. This includes ensuring proper documentation and relevant test modules are produced.
- Be self-driven to effectively manage the time, and prioritize the assigned tasks in order to finish the deliverables on time.
- Ability to work within a team and coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, across the team, if needed.
- Should be willing to take initiative and should have to ability to track the tasks and follow-up to closure.
What you have:
- Should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- A minimum of 8years of experience in the Software Development field is required.
- Must have worked in Agile development methodology and experience with Atlassian set of tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.) is required.
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; must demonstrate the ability to communicate efficiently with business and other teams.
- Excellent knowledge and implementation experience using higher level framework facilities like Asynchronous Programming, LINQ, Threads, Parallel Processing & Concurrency and Security.
- Must possess very extensive hands-on experience in using WCF for implementing web services across multiple protocols; working knowledge of legacy ASMX is a plus. Such experience should include dealing with multiple Serialization (XML Infoset, JSON, Protocol Buffers, etc.) and Encoding (TEXT, MTOM, etc.) practices.
- Should have hands-on experience in developing REST style web services across multiple Web API platforms, with or without MVC design. Such experience should consider instancing and throttling model for implementation and hosting.
- Should have hands-on experience in working with messaging technologies like IBM MQ, Solace MQ, MSMQ and Rabbit MQ. In-depth understanding of messaging technology/framework is a plus.
- Must possess excellent skills for writing SQL Queries, T-SQL stored procedures, views and SSIS packages. Advance data modeling and architecture skills are a plus.