Staff Software Developer Engineer in Test
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
At BetterWorks we know the world of planning, management, and execution can be complex and subjective. We provide a platform that allows our customers to set goals in a manner that provides transparency, promotes collaboration, and integrates their existing toolsets to provide a holistic view of the world. Unlike previous platforms, BetterWorks integrates with existing workplace systems and software (Jira, Salesforce, Google at Work, etc.), becoming the system of consolidation, not just the system of record. Our platform goes a step further by tying employee goals into their professional development and performance, providing high visibility and transparency to both employees and management. It’s a complex problem that needs to strong individuals to help solve in an elegant, easy to use manner.
We're looking for a self driven, action oriented Senior SDET to take the lead in developing a quality centric development culture at BetterWorks. In this role, you will be responsible for driving quality into the product development organization by developing test automation infrastructure that can facilitate the rapid development and execution of our automated test suite. You will also help in building out the Quality organization through hiring and mentoring, as well as establishing QA best practices. We are a young company and your project management, leadership and organizational skills will make a huge impact on the team and company’s ability to meet our customer needs with an impactful, high quality product.
- Developing the vision for automated test infrastructure
- Implement harnesses and infrastructure to test systems; this includes integration, smoke, stress, and performance with an understanding of strengths and weaknesses by type
- Be the quality advocate on behalf of our customers within the organization
- Insuring the quality of our software releases and being the quality champion within the organization
- Expand testing coverage throughout the development lifecycle
- Writing and maintaining efficient, thorough integration test cases
- Creatively test the product and create clear and articulate bug reports
- Ensure that critical bugs are reviewed and prioritized in advance of releases
- Design and execute web based automation testing, using tools like Selenium WebDriver
- Assess the status of the release, and help make sure that the release goes out on time with high quality level.
- Work with onsite and offshore team to set their priorities and remove their roadblocks to make sure sufficient coverage is done for the release.
- Work with different teams (Engineering/PM/Operation) to collect necessary information to assure the QA coverage, and also provide feedback on quality issues.
- Planning/organizing necessary test passes, staying on top of all important issues, help triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
- Manage QA coverage of multiple web and mobile based projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of automation testing experience for Web and/or SaaS applications
- Experience testing multiple browsers and versions (Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE)
- Knowledge in Ruby and Java languages desired
- Experience in API level testing is mandatory. Mobile Platform and Web Security testing a plus
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Extremely detail-oriented, logical and patient. Able to think through and map complex systems, and translate them into clear test cases.
- A technology enthusiast. Excited to work in a fast-paced development environment, and eager to work with new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re a self starter who thrives in a dynamic environment. You are up for a challenge and want to have a material impact on the bottom line of a company.
Perks at BetterWorks:
- Work closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated and intelligent folks with a unique range of startup and enterprise experience
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Frequent guest speakers from around Silicon Valley
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Daily catered meals
- Fully paid parking pass or Caltrain pass
- Unlimited in-house snacks & drinks
- Unlimited vacation