Staff Software Developer
Take the project we’re now working on. You will be a key member of a team that is developing simulation tool technologies to support real-world planning operations for the Department of Defense. The multi-disciplinary collaborative team of engineers and scientists researching and developing these technologies are part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences, and you will be on this team.
If you’re interested, here’s what year one is all about. For a Developer, this is the stuff of dreams - getting out of the numbers and making a difference.
- You will use your expertise in areas such as scientific visualization and multi-threaded algorithm design to develop compelling visual effects.
- The experience you’ve gained with Modern C++ and Object Oriented software design principles will be essential for you to quickly establish your role as a key member of the development team.
- You will applytechnologies in multiple domain/problem areas (structural engineering, physics, geotechnical to name a few).
- You will apply your knowledge to solve challenging real-world customer problems and communicate complex concepts to non-expert audiences.
- You will be working closely with a collaborative team so your team player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential.
If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. Realistically though, you need a BS in computer science or a related field. Also we’d love to see examples of your development using C++ or Python.
Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with intelligence community and DoD programs you will need to be a US citizen with an active DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance.
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is pretty good too. These are things like our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), great compensation & benefits package, a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. Our employees have the tools, training and opportunities to take more active roles as owners and are recognized as the company’s greatest assets!
If you desire a career with a company that provides a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies and testing and measurement then our Southeast Division in Raleigh, NC will be perfect for you. We are an EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer and At-Will Employer. For additional information and an opportunity to join our unique workplace, pleaseapply at careers.ara.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
2-4 years:Demonstrated Work Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Security Clear Top Secret