As a Staff Software Delivery Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
What you’ll do:
- Establish standards for development teams and lead initiatives in collaboration with infrastructure, platform, and other software engineering teams
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Leverage our tech stack: Primarily Ruby/Rails/Postgres hosted on AWS and increasingly using Kubernetes, and languages such as Java and Typescript. We currently use CircleCI for Continuous Integration and a combination of Spinnaker and an in house tool for CD.
- Drive key projects including:
- Delivering Software at Scale: We’re growing rapidly and need engineers who are ready to take on the challenge of building our next-generation CI/CD pipeline to enable hundreds of other developers to deliver high-quality software safely at a high velocity.
- Delivering Services at Speed: We’re continuing our transition to a service-oriented architecture, and we need build/test/deploy pipelines that allow developers to put their services into production quickly and safely, with a minimum of handoffs to other teams.
- Software Delivery Observability: We intend to become an elite performer in the software industry, and we can only do this if we learn and adapt quickly. We need telemetry from our software delivery systems from which to continually learn how to improve our lead time for changes, our change failure rate, and our mean time to recover from failure.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 7+ years experience in software engineering fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C++, Java, or similar languages preferred)
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives
- Experience working with software, platforms, and infrastructure at scale (we run thousands of hosts and have millions of users)
- Experience building modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems at scale
- Experience as a technical leader on large initiatives with the ability to course correct as needed
- Proven expertise with modern web development including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class