The Staff SCM Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and documentation of the build systems supporting instrument firmware and embedded applications.
The build system scope will also include generation of build metrics through integrated tools and frameworks for code profiling and automated unit testing. The Engineer will also be expected to work closely with the Firmware and Software developers to create the build and deployment process.
- Maintain the integrity of the build systems and support the system lifecycle including applying tool chain upgrades and coordinating with IT during OS / TFS upgrades, etc.
- Coordinate build schedules with development teams and support internal / ECO release processes. May require occasional work outside of regular business hours for maintenance or to resolve build issues.
- Thorough understanding of best practices for SCM: in particular branching, merging and labeling techniques for major and minor / patch releases.
- Demonstrate proficiency and good programming practices when writing Perl, MSBuild, WIX and Ant scripts, including test script development.
- Ability to create release solutions with .NET Framework including packaging and signing assemblies.
- Good oral and written communication skills required for interacting with cross-functional project teams including Software Development, Systems Engineering / Verification & Validation and Quality Assurance.
- Good multi-tasking ability needed to resolve urgent issues or high priority activities in addition to the weekly project workload
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in build/releaseengineering and configuration management.
- Experience with Windows Embedded Standard, Linux, Windows Server 2008/2012, VM Ware virtual environments.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Miimum of 3 years' experience with TFS Build controller / agent set up and configuration, Jenkins server configuration and build set up
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with installer tools: InstallShield, Wix, Install Anywhere
- Proficiency using build tools such as MSBuild, gcc, Ant, and test / analysis tools like NUnit, NCover and FxCop.
- Experience with PowerShell and batch scripting, Bash / Perlscripting and the use of build scripts
- Proficiency with TFVS, SVN and GIT source code control tools
- Experience with package management and tools such as Nuget and Artifactory
Job ID R-25601