The Digital Systems team is responsible for designing and architecturing the electronic and software systems for the next generation vehicles with full autonomous driving capabilities, and also developing core components (including hardware, software, tools, etc) from ground up. Our mission is to innovate next generation vehicle architecture and make it happen on massive production vehicles. Responsibilities
- Drive Software Defined Vehicle initiative by proposing innovative yet practical solutions and roadmap.
- Be a significant contributor to digital architecture design for next-generation vehicles, around autonomous driving, centralized compute, high speed data processing, and high efficiency & safety.
- Lead the design of scalable software platform (including vehicle operating system and middleware) for smart vehicles.
- Study key technologies related to Software Defined Vehicles, such as virtualization, redundant networking, robotic software frameworks.
- Follow industry trends and study competitors� technical stacks.
- Perform Proof of Concept implementation for new technologies or new designs.
- Partner with engineering teams to understand real-world constraints and help deploy new designs on mass production vehicles.
- Promote common software paradigms and best coding practices to engineering teams.
- 8+ years industry experience with BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or 4+ years working experience with Ph.D. degree.
- Established technologist with broad knowledge around OS and networking.
- Hands-on experience designing or building middleware in complex distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of real-time systems, and embedded devices.
- Strong hands-on skills for quick prototype, and comfortable with hardware.
- Familiar with architecture design tools, and self-motivated for documentation.
- Great communication skills, and able to efficient communication on different levels to different audience.
- Great people skills. Ability to influence and socialize technical ideas across teams.
- Familiar with functional safety.
- Experience with automotive system development, such as AutoSar.
- Experience of leading open source projects.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China�s premium electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO�s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle by offering premium smart electric vehicles and being the best user enterprise. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart and connected premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive, convenient and innovative charging solutions and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater high-performance premium electric SUV in China in June 2018, and its variant, the six-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater smart premium electric Coupe SUV, in December 2019 and plans to commence deliveries in 2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
NIO US is an E-Verify employer.