Yext is looking for a Staff Software Engineer - Analytics Architect to lead the design and implementation of our next generation analytics platform. You will be responsible for the global data model and analytics architecture which can handle flexible user defined schemas and can scale for customer and internal needs. In addition, you will introduce new analytics platform capabilities.
- Own the design, construction, and scaling of our analytics platform to a schema flexible model
- Work with Product to define the vision and future roadmap of our analytics architecture
- Perform detailed analysis of business needs and technical challenges
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to improve performance
- Plan for scaling to millions of distinct entities and petabyte size in data
- Evaluate and articulate the pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Design how data sets, pipelines, ETLs and transformations are handled from various data sources and workflows
- Work with distributed cloud environments and on-premise solutions
- Take the lead in driving better data quality through automation, monitoring, and automated recovery
- Define Analytics standards, policies and procedures for the organization.
- Maintain technical proficiency with analytics best practices; specifically visualization, dashboards, business metrics, KPIs, reports, queries, search, predictive analytics, and master data management.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field or similar college level experience
- Knowledge of Big Data Analytic architectures
- Experience understanding, analyzing and using relational, star, entity-relationship, multi-dimensional and/or object-oriented database models
- Direct involvement building an analytics platform that supports flexible schemas and/or schema on read.
- Experience working with and architecting data-intensive applications using technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop or related.
- Familiarity with application security and data protection
- Experience with data warehouses such as Redshift, Teradata, BigQuery or related.
- Data Science or Predictive analytics experience
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we use mostly Java)
- Strong foundation in design of reusable and maintainable software.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high-growth environment
- Passionate about leading, guiding and mentoring others