Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
We are looking for experienced and passionate Senior Engineers who have backgrounds in programming, distributed systems, and Kubernetes to help Wayfair continue its focus on modernizing its Service Mesh and Kubernetes architecture. You’ll join a high performing team that is building out specialized tools and enhancements for Kubernetes.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to design and implementation of service mesh (Istio, Envoy).
- Consolidate and design service discovery across hybrid cloud and containers vs non-containers.
- Work closely with Kubernetes, Cloud and Security groups to ensure service mesh works seamlessly and meets highest performance/security standards.
- Work closely with Developer platform groups to ensure all major language platforms can easily take advantage of service mesh.
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
What You’ll Need:
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as software or infrastructure engineer operating scalable and reliable cloud platforms.
- Solid understanding of public cloud providers, GCP preferred.
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures and internal components.
- Understanding of Kubernetes network architecture how traffic moves within pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the internet.
- Experience using advanced knowledge of Linux OS either on bare metal hardware or VMWare.
- Experience working with servicemesh tools (Istio) is highly desirable.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining Kubernetes.
- Experience using networking technologies like BGP (calico) or TCP / IP or load balancers or firewalls.
- Experience using configuration management like puppet or ansible or terraform.