JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Strip Maintenance Manager, the Electrical Automation Engineer will provide electrical engineering support to strip production lines at the Elmore, OH facility. Support requirements will include a combination of capital, expense and maintenance
support projects. The candidate will apply leadership skills with technical knowledge as an instrumentation, controls, and data acquisition subject matter expert.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and support to maintenance technicians in trouble shootings problems with existing equipment and processes.
- Identifies and Recommends automation upgrades to increase safety and reliability of equipment, obtains cost estimates and develops cost justification to support same
- Improve Functionality of existing equipment through (writing code and sensor additions
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Interacts with operations and maintenance personnel as well as suppliers to obtain pertinent information for equipment upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical support for problem identification and correction of instrumentation, control, and data acquisition systems.
- Identify and evaluate new technology for improvement in performance of maintenance activities associated with instrumentation, control, and data acquisition systems.
- Other duties / responsibilities as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Candidates must possess a 4-yeardegree in BSEE, BSEET,from an ABET accredited program or equivalent and 5+ years of experience.
- Pervious Rolling mill operation and control experience a plus
- Experience with industrial instrumentation, control, and data acquisition systems is required.
- Knowledge on HMIs, PLCs, Data Acquisition systems, Computers, and Networking is required.
- HMI screen development and PLC programming experiencerequired.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley, Automation Direct, and GE PLCs, GE iFix, GE Cimplicity, and Wonderware HMIs, is desired.
- Knowledge of drives and motion controllers(e.g. Allen Bradley, GE, Automax, Siemens)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS preferred
- Familiarity with Furnace and Boiler operation and control preferred
- Familiarity with HVAC systems operation and control preferred