7 is redefining the way that companies interact with consumers. The company's customer engagement platform assists several hundred million visitors across all channels, and engages in 1.5 billion conversations annually, most of which are automated. Using 7 solutions, many of the world's largest and most recognizable brands are anticipating and acting on consumer intent to create more personalized customer experiences. This shift to an intent-driven engagement strategy results in an order of magnitude improvement in digital adoption, customer satisfaction, and revenue growth.
ABOUT THE POSITION
7 is seeking a Sr./Staff Cloud/Dev Ops Engineer who will participate in the design and development of its next generation Cloud platform. Working with Systems Engineering and Network Operations, you will engage with development, service engineers and business leaders to understand product direction, design solutions, deliver and support our next generation infrastructure. Key initiatives include growing OpenStack private cloud and scaling the big data platform built on Hadoop.
The successful candidates for this role will have a background in creating highly reliable online service, experience in developing and running cloud services--using both Amazon and OpenStack as well as deep UNIX, systems and networking skills.
- Evaluate, design and implement cloud computing technologies supporting high-volume mission critical services
- Developing, implement, and contribute to the open source community
- Produce technical design documentation for the service engineering team
- Mentor other members of the technical staff on emerging technologies
- Work closely with engineering, technical leaders and internal customers located in the US and India
- Provide ongoing technical and leadership expertise by managing peer code-reviews and testing to maintain high standards
- Maintain infrastructure design standards, ensure they are documented and up to date, and lead efforts to take new technologies into stack on continual basis as appropriate.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, MS preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience with proficiency in Python, Perl or similar.
- 2 or more years of experience in OpenStack, AWS, or other cloud-based solutions.
- Experience with shell scripts, Chef, REST API, Linux Systems, Git or similar
- Experience in other virtualization technologies, VMware, KVM, etc.
- Experience supporting a wide range of technologies, including open-source, hardware/software, custom applications, commercial and cloud in an efficient and automated manner. Apigee expertise a plus.
- Skilled in automation (Puppet, Chef, etc.) and monitoring (Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia etc.) technologies in production setting
- Proven track-record working in complex multi-site networks