Staff Segment Marketing Manager - Agriculture, Global
You are a market specialist with domain expertise & a passion for genomics. You are equally at ease building compelling solution narratives as you are engaging with key customers and sales counterparts. You view sales, product management, and the global field-based & corporate marketing organizations as your internal customers. You will be able to generate high-impact ideas, clearly prioritize workloads, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
Marketing at Illumina is grounded in deep customer intimacy & a global context, refined by data-driven insights that inform focused market efforts. Our job is transform the face of human health by actively shaping the way the world understands and uses genomic information.
Segment Marketing develops and executes go-to-market strategy for segment; drives marketing execution to support marketing strategy. Accountable for success of the segment globally.
- Develops Agriculture go-to-market strategy, in collaboration with Regional Segment Marketing
- Builds and executes Agriculture go to market (<2yr) plans to support product management and revenue strategy at global, regional, market, and/or customer level as appropriate (based on strategic plan)
- Collaborate with Regional Segment Marketing to execute initiatives in region
- Design targeted multi-channel marketing campaign to achieve revenue across product lifecycle, in coordination with regional marketing programs, Internal Agency, and Digital Center of Excellence
- Drive positioning & messaging to differentiate product vs competition and incumbent technologies by partnering with Regional Marketing, Marketing Centers of Excellence, and Product Management for campaign development activities
- Collaborate with Internal Agency on development of marketing materials for launch and on-market products (sales package, benefit sheet, product application sheet, sales cheat sheet, demo, etc.)
- Oversees and ensures alignment of content with initiative objectives
- Own CAP and MLR submission process for all relevant content
- Ensure relevant product and campaign content is up to date and tagged accurately in field-facing content engine
- Monitors marketing performance and optimizes efforts based on data, insights, and market knowledge as reported and provided by Marketing analytics and insight and regional teams
- Coordinates with regional segment marketing on GTM strategy
- Collaborate with regional segment marketing to determine which content is successful and which requires adjustment
- Tracks Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) in accordance with methodology developed by analytics and insight group, suggesting optimization as needed
- Creates product promotions & bundles; working with pricing Center of Excellence to determine impact to revenue targets, margins
Initiative Training & Content
- Develops campaign training requirements for sales enablement
- Develops training on product positioning/messaging throughout the year as-needed (e.g. for new products, to deal with competitor changes, ILMN positioning changes, pricing and promotion changes, product performance changes)
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; MBA not necessary but strongly preferred. Masters or PhD a plus.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- 5- 7 years of experience marketing in the life science or clinical space (ideally, direct experience in genomics);
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tie detailed analysis to larger strategy;
- Must have designed the strategy for, and lead the execution of, multiple successful marketing programs and product launches.
- Must have experience in customer interaction in either a Sales, Technical Support, or Marketing function
- Proficient communicator with innate sales skills, to both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated leadership skills, technical aptitude and business acumen.
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or highly cross-functional business settings. Demonstrated track record of successfully engaging with global marketing counterparts is strongly preferred.
- “Digital-first” marketing experience strongly preferred
- Passion for the role genomics will play in improving human health
- Location at San Diego HQ is strongly preferred
- Willing to travel up to 25%