Staff Scientist - Neuroscience
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neuroscience. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Staff Scientist to join research projects investigating the molecular mechanisms of neurodevelopmental disorders in the laboratory of Dr. Jason J. Yi. This position assists in developing and conducting research projects, including experiment design, data analysis and documentation of experiment results.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the investigator, designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification and management of data.
- Performs complex statistical analysis of data collected and writes interpretative reports. Verifies the correctness of the data submitted and makes recommendations based on these analyses.
- Documents research topics, prepares and submits papers based on research work to publications and committees for publication or presentation to peers.
- Solves practical problems relating to difficulties with equipment or test subjects. Suggests technical or procedural improvements in testing methods.
- Assists with grant preparation and writing.
- Conduts literature searches related to research project.
Master’s degree with 4 years of experience in research lab operations or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 9 years required.
- Preference will be given to PhD applicants with a strong interest in and research training relevant to the areas of neural development and the molecular basis of neuropsychiatric disease.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Computer literacy including the ability to use a variety of software packages (Matlab and Graphpad Prism) to analyse data.
The hiring range for this position is $45,864 - $61,921 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.