We are seeking a highly motivated, critical, and creative scientist to join the CareDx R&D group. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and collaborative R&D team innovating cutting-edge technology. The primary function of this position will be to drive development of metagenomic approaches to monitor infectious diseases in transplant recipients. The ideal candidate will be able to lead assay development and validation projects, collaborate with clinician investigators, interface with cross functional teams including software development, bioinformatics & biostatistics, clinical and lab operations; and have experience with molecular methods for pathogen quantification.
Staff Scientist, Infectious Disease Metagenomics
- Lead the initiation, design and execution of experiments to develop novel metagenomic infectious disease tests
- Independently perform basic analysis of high-dimensional data
- Successfully manage scientific collaboration with internal and external teams
- Provide expert support, guidance and mentorship for pathogen studies to the broader scientific team
- Interface with staff in multiple departments and clearly communicate results with colleagues and R&D management, as well as externally at scientific meetings and conferences
- Lead project through development, validation, launch, and ongoing improvements
- Manage Scientists and Research Associates working on a variety of projects. Support, grow, and nurture the team professional development.
- Ph.D. in genomics, microbiology or a related discipline with 10+ years of experience and at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in molecular biology; NGS experience preferred
- Expert in pathogen diagnostics development, including familiarity with multiple diagnostic methods for infectious diseases
- Experience in development or optimization of molecular techniques for pathogen detection, e.g. qPCR, dPCR and multiplex PCR
- Ability to collect requirements, plan activities and prioritize activities/assignments to supporting team members.
- Able to identify risk and provide recommendations for risk mitigation in area of responsibility and at project level.
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required
- Good organizational skills, and detail oriented