The Program of Immunology and Clinical Research Division are seeking an experienced Staff Scientist to work in a collaborative environment to help develop and optimize novel TCR gene therapy products for clinical translation, and to support current and future TCR gene therapy clinical trials.
- Cell and Molecular Biology: independently perform routine and non-routine experiments that are moderate to complex: Experiments include cell separation using the FACSorter and autoMACs, analyzing cell phenotype and function using techniques including flow cytometry, proliferation assays, PCR, RT-PCR, sequencing, chromium release assays and ELISpots, and viral transduction of human and murine cells.
- Cell culture and tissue processing: Establishing and maintaining primary cell culture, including human DCs and long-term culture of human T cells
- Handle projects independently, including literature reviews to assist in determining most suitable methods to be used in research.
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of written or oral reports concerning studies and assist in publication of results by proofreading, editing, and contributing ideas.
- Assist with the management and organization of a fast-paced lab, and perform other duties as assigned by supervisor as necessary.
- PhD in a related scientific field.
- Extensive scientific knowledge and acumen: In particular, an in depth understanding of immunology is required, and a solid knowledge of T cell biology is preferred.
- Extensive experience of at least six years, especially in sterile cell culture techniques and flow analysis, including experience in maintaining long term primary cell cultures, particularly T-cells and/or DCs.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills: Ability to identify problems and troubleshoot solutions with limited direction in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment with the ability to analyze data statistically and present it logically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; good interpersonal communication and organizational skills; and flexibility to work in a highly collaborative team environment and interact effectively with different cross-functional groups and potential collaborators on a daily basis.