· Provide technical leadership for the Consumables Pilot Services team, including Research Associates, Technicians, Planner, and Materials Manager.
· Drive the vision for evolution and growth of Consumables Pilot Services to support future needs of consumables development programs.
· Analyze capacity to proactively identify needs to add space, equipment, or staff.
· Use project management tools to meet team goals.
· Work collaboratively as the primary interface with R&D, Operations, Quality, Facilities, and EH&S teams.
· Manage lab spaces and consumables pilot lines.
· Drive improvements in throughput and turn-around-time.
· Drive improvements in consumables quality, addressing variability, scrap and end-user complaints using systematic problem-solving methods.
· Establish pilot-level data tracking, process monitoring and control systems.
· Provide assistance with equipment selection and workstation design to meet product quality, throughput and cost requirements.
· Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues and managers through oral updates and written reports.
Preferred educational background:
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Nanoengineering, Materials Engineering, or Bioengineering or closely related discipline with 5-10 years’ experience.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience supporting a high-volume manufacturing operation in a technical role is desirable.
- Experience managing a core lab desirable.
- Experience with management and development of teams of four or more staff.
- Experience with process development, improvement, scale-up and transfer to manufacturing.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to interpret large and complex datasets.
- Good interdepartmental communication skills and ability to interact effectively across groups within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines and to make progress with multiple project and functional priorities simultaneously.