The Future Networks Team at America Research Center, Huawei Technologies is passionate about innovations and challenges in the Networkarchitectures, Protocols, Solutions and Software. We are looking for senior software engineers to join our Future Networks team.
Your primary responsibility will be in designing and implementing next generation of forwarding engines, implementing and improving state-of-the-art NPUs, and so on. A suitable candidate for this position will be a highly motivated engineer with solid coding skills and hands-on experience in packet forwarding software or network processor design and development. You will design and develop next generation of forwarding software pipeline and packet processing capabilities on network processors or ASICs, requiring good understanding of QoS, packet queuing, scheduling and traffic management techniques. This position is based in Santa Clara, CA.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Development of Next Generation Forwarding plane for new communication services.
- Development on network processors and interfacing with ASICs.
- Work with cross research team members on requirements, including development of use cases.
- Solid programming and analytical skills
- Work independently, bring up discussions, take ownership of complex modules.
- Strong skills in large-scale software design and development.
- Team player, strong communication skills to work with cross-functional groups.
- Solid Technical Expertise: Thorough knowledge of implementation and design of TCP/IP protocols.
- Decisions making skills and systematic in problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and English proficiency
- Self-motivated and team oriented
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C.
- Fundamental understanding of QoS, routing, switching and virtualization
- Knowledge and working experience with traffic engineering, QoS, Diffserv.
- Hands on experience with linux, opensource development environment.
- Proficient with linux development and test tool chains.
- MSdegree or Ph.D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering