Bigfoot believes people living with insulin-requiring diabetes deserve relief from its daily burden. We envision a world where the emotional, mental, physical, and financial burden of diabetes has been significantly reduced. We are passionately dedicated to delivering simpler, safer, and more effective solutions for life with insulin.
We are personally committed to the mission of improving the lives of people with diabetes through the application of smart technology. We bring deep and nuanced understanding of customer needs, demonstrated technical capabilities in developing and commercializing technology, and proven business acumen in funding and growing startups into profitable publicly traded enterprises.
What we are building at Bigfoot Biomedical
Bigfoot is building diabetes management solutions integrating data, software, smart devices, and people. This is your chance to join a very talented team!
● Provide industry experience and domain expertise for development of
o Software and hardware integration tests
o Bigfoot's software systems on mobile and cloud platforms
● Implement and test Bigfoot's Cloud platform.
● Document and create standards and procedures to help streamline the software development process
● Champion evaluation, implementation and support of IT Tools
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop automated internal frameworks or tools to increase developer release velocity or improve code health
- Manage the release process and facilitate Production releases
- Manage security and availability monitoring for all services
- Assist cross-functional teams with troubleshooting and performance problems
- Assist cross-functional teams in through the various phases of projects
- Execute capacity tests to understand and manage the growth of systems
- Ensure that systems are compliant with internal processes and procedures
- 10+ years of recent hands-on experience in
- Scripting (preferably Python and Groovy)
- Jenkins, Jenkins pipelines
- Any configuration management tool - Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- Demonstrable mastery in each of the following:
- AWS - EKS, Route 53
- 7+ years of recent experience in triaging object oriented programming or functional programming (i.e Java, C++ etc.)
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience with Artifactory
- Experience in Linux administration
- Working knowledge of OSI networking model
- Understanding of internet security and data privacy best practices in highly regulated industries
- Lean / Agile attitude
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Self-starter will lead project initiative
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Team player/builder; possess a “can-do” attitude
- BSc Software Engineering or higher
- Able to set up system test hardware components, setting up workstations including computer monitors, desktop systems, keyboards, and connecting cables.
- Combined sitting, standing and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks.
- Occasional reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, stooping or crouching.
- Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Hearing and speaking are required regularly.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.