TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.TEGTA16
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Developing new design solutions or adapting and reconfiguring existing product designs for use in new applications related to high-voltage systems in the transportation industry.
- Work closely with customers and cross business unit engineering organizations in solving vehicle applications and performance challenges.
- Adapting and reconfiguring existing product designs for performance, enhancements, manufacturability improvements, and cost reduction efforts.
- Communicating high-voltage product performance requirements through the use of production drawings, application specifications, and performance specifications.
- Engineering control of product related documentation via the engineering change system.
- Determining and communicating high-voltage product suitability to meet harsh environment customer applications and test requirements.
- Work closely with the new product launch teams and the final manufacturing location to ensure smooth launch and transition of products into the production facility.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Required
- 5 years' of engineering experience with new product design and development
- CAD experience in Pro/E / CREO preferred
- Knowledge of automotive or industrial vehicle industry in either OEM, Tier 1 or Tier 2 levels, preferably in electromobility (EV) or hybrid-electric architecture (HEV)
- Knowledge of battery systems technologies; which includes temperature sensing, current sensing, power switching, fusing, electromagnetic interference (EMI), and electrical connectivity
- Preferredexperienced in mechanical and thermal FEA analysis
- Awareness of design for manufacturability (DFM) responsibilities
- Effective problem solving skills, communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal experience with cross-functional partnerships in an engineering team environment
- Strong computer skills in typical Office suite
- Ability to manage multiple products/projects with attention to detail
- Periodic travel is required depending on project needs, some global expectations