The Staff Psychotherapist assists the Director of The Center for Physician Wellbeing in the wide range of services offered by the department, including clinical services, retreats, presentations, workshops and research. Particularly responsible for new physician orientations and individual, couples' and group counseling/support offered exclusively to AdventHealth physicians and their families. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Integrated knowledge of mental health diagnoses, psychotherapy delivery in all modalities and psycho-social assessments
- Excellent public-speaking skills
- Excellent consultation skills
- Organizational development knowledge (Preferred)
- Research skills (Preferred)
- Master's degree in counseling or psychology-related field
- Seven (7) years of experience in direct clinical assessment and psychotherapy delivery
- Experience delivering mental health services to physicians (Preferred)
- Organizational development experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current valid State of Florida Psychology and/or Mental Health Counselor and/or Marriage and Family Counselor license
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Conducts New Physician Orientations with a focus on establishing and nurturing personal and meaningful relationships with all incoming physicians.
- Conducts individual, couples', family, and group therapy sessions.
- Provides assessments and treatment planning for delivery of therapy and group processes. Provides emergency response and debriefing for individuals and teams affected by trauma in the environment.
- Organizes and facilitates physician support groups.
- Delivers consultation to physician practices and medical staff services as needed. Acts as a consultant to residency programs and departments within the hospital.
- Co-facilitates Physician Leadership Retreats. Organizes and facilitates Couples' Retreats.
- Organizes and conducts research.
- Teaches continuing medical education (CME) course curriculum. Designs and delivers presentations and workshops.
- Serves on planning committees to develop strategies for physician wellbeing and mission integration.
- Supports department in all its functions.