Staff Psychologist 3
5 - 7 years experience •
Staff Psychologist 3
Clinical Director of Inpatient Psychiatry Adolescent Program and Lead Psychologist. This position would oversee two other psychologists who would be performing similar duties in two other programs, the Inpatient Child Program and the Residential Treatment Program. The Inpatient Adolescent Program serves children ages 13 to 17 years of age and has an average length of stay of 6-7 days. Responsibilities include developing and directing clinical services, oversee and consult for therapeutic programming and individualized specialty care plans within the inpatient adolescent psychiatric program. Including:
· Therapy/Milieu Program - Collaborate with unit clinical leaders and direct care staff to implement evidence based treatment program and continuously assess fidelity of overall program (patient schedules, reinforcement systems, therapeutic groups and evidence based principles associated with CBT and/or DBT).
· Clinical Staff competency/development - Implement strategies to ensure fidelity of overall program and skills/competency of staff facilitating the program.
· Patient Outcome Evaluation - Evaluate patient outcomes associated with day to day clinical interventions and clinical staff skills.
· Specialized Individual Care Planning - Provide direct oversight/development of specialized care plans for treatment resistant patients.
· Research Opportunities– Lead or collaborate on research efforts related to inpatient services and outcomes.
Skills & Competencies
· Behavioral analysis and application of behavioral interventions.
· Trauma informed assessment and interventions
· Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and translation of principles across various care settings.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Compliance – Assure compliance with behavioral health standards of care as set forth by Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services and Joint Commission.
· Interprofessional Practice – Collaborate with RN/Mental Health Specialist's and other disciplines on the inpatient mental health team to asses/develop/evaluate evidence based therapeutic programming.
· Clinical Supervision – Directly provide supervision for direct care clinical staff and behavioral specialist.
· Fidelity in therapeutic plan - Commitment to continuity of care planning for complex patients.
· Quality Improvement – Engage in key quality improvement initiatives associated with safety, experience and clinical outcomes.
· PhD or PsyD
· Minimum 5 years experience in assessment and evidence-based treatment of acute psychiatric illnesses and chronical mental health conditions.
· Experience within an inpatient psychiatric hospital setting collaborating with interdisciplinary teams.
· Faculty Appointment at AssociateProfessor level available for qualified applicants
Job Number: 97826